My Next 5 Year Plan...

July 21, 2015

Hey guys!

So everyone has a basic idea of what they want their future to be like; whether its marriage, or kids, or high up career. When I was younger I used to think life was so simple and if I worked hard everything would simply fall into place. But that's not true! I remember when I was younger I created a colourful word document (and still have it) of what I wanted my life to be like. I would still class this as my overall goals with a few slight changes.

From just looking at this document it is stated in bullet points that I would:
  • Go to high school (yes that far back...)
  • Go to sixth form
  • Then apply to Liverpool John Moores or Edge Hill University to study Early Education Studies/Primary Teaching or Events Management
  • Apply for mini jobs whilst in University
  • Apply for a Nursery/Primary Teacher or an Events Management Planner
  • Live by the shops, park, a good school and near my job
  • Buy all the stuff I need for my house
  • Settle down with a family - I want 1 girl and 1 boy
  • Pay back money for University
From reading this document now it just made me realise that if I want all that I will have to work my butt off even more. Yes I've done high school and sixth form and yes I got into Liverpool John Moores to study Early Childhood Studies but I cant loose my determination and motivation now. When I was younger I didn't know about apprenticeships; so now I am taking that in consideration, as my parents want me to do an apprenticeship instead of University. It would also be quite hard to get a house near the shops, park, a decent school and near my job. Think that is asking for a bit too much, haha, got to admit it is a good imagination though! It will also cost a bomb to run a house and buy all the stuff a house needs so I would have to do A LOT of saving and make sure I am definitely ready for that big step and commitment. Also, you can't determine what sex your baby is going to be, but everyone has there imagination and what they would like, don't they? I would have never of thought about being a blogger either whilst I was younger - probably because it wasn't a thing then.

Therefore I think a suitable 5 year plan, including goals include:
  • Go to university or do an apprenticeship - depending on what results I get in a few weeks and how I am feeling on the whole further education process
  • Carry on with my current job - Sandwhich Artist in Subway
  • Save up my money - as I am completely crap at this - I am determined to set myself a target of saving 1/2 of the money I earn which then I will increase to saving 3/4 of my money - My cousin who is a year younger has a job and has like x4 the amount of money I have due to her being such a good saver - Plus I NEED to save now as I have festivals, trips and a god-daughter and family members who need spoiling
  • Before I buy a house I will probably end up buying a flat first and will probably flat share with friends
  • And hopefully who knows I will end up finding the right person and settle down
  • And hopefully my blogging with become of a success as I love doing this as my hobbie and hopefully I will get my dream career of teaching young ones
Hopefully in 5 years time (I'll be 23) I can look back on this and see what I have actually accomplished. Some short term goals include:
  • Stop biting my nails
  • Become more active and healthier and stick to it- as I'll admit since finishing sixth form I have become lazier
  • Hopefully become more effective and quicker at my job - it actually quite difficult to get the speed in Subway, especially when the queue is going out the door. Its actually made me realise that I need to stop moaning whenever ther queue is big in Subway - definitely underestimated!
  • Cut back on the Netflix - seriously though I haven't gone a day without Netflix in ages, there's just so many shows/films to watch - *writes this when Gossip Girl is on in the background*
  • Save my money - as mentioned above
  • Read a chapter from a book every night (help extend my vocab and imagination) - I am currently reading Paper Towns (before the film comes out) and I said to my mum 'Mum, I'm determined to read this book, I'm gonna read a chapter now' and what did I do? Fell asleep after page 2! 
  • Be more strict on my skincare regime - Yes lots of beauty gurus swear by this, but to be hones I bet not even half actually do a proper skincare regime. However, I'm currently doing really good as my skin is starting to become more claear, healthier looking and hydrated
Sorry if this was all ramble, but I hope you enjoyed this insight as I thought it would be a nice quick post before I head off to bed. New post will be coming soon too, so keep a look out. 

Off to bed now, so goodnight everyone x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search This Blog

Subscribe